On the 7th November 2011, baby River Waddell passed away suddenly and unexpectedly in his sleep.
He was just 128 days old and there was no cause found for his death.
From this devastating loss, River’s Gift was born with a mission to fund SIDS (Sudden Infant Death Syndrome) research, provide SIDS and infant safe sleep education and unite with other SIDS families on their grief journey.
From this November 7th – on River’s 11 anniversary – we ask the Australian community to shine blue and join our One28 campaign.
What can you do for 28 days that can raise $128 and help us drive our mission of Stamping Out SIDS?
Here are just some ideas:
- Give up coffee and donate $128.
- Quit alcohol and donate $128.
- Quit smoking and donate $128.
- Jump out of bed and watch the sunrise every morning over 28 days, and donate $128.
- Run or walk 128km over 28 days, and donate $1 per km?
- Or just simply host a morning tea on November 7th and raise $128 between your family, friends and work colleagues.
Share your photos with us by tagging River’s Gift on social media #One28 #StampingOutSIDS #RiversGift
However you choose to shine blue, we thank you for your support in Stamping Out SIDS.
Donate or Create Your Own Fundraising Page:
(All donations of $2 or more are tax deductible).
Learn more about what we’ve been up to over the last 2 years, and the exciting year ahead.
Here are some more ideas:
- Host your own fundraiser at work or home – a dress down or glam up day, host a morning tea, wear all blue for the day!
- Have a girls or guys night in
- Hold a raffle
- Host a bake off!
- Or just simply donate $128